Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Falling Off Mount Everest



Once again I find myself rolling down the glacial mountainside of my Mount Everest. Surely we all have them...that one monumentous thing in our lives that we strive to accomplish. My personal Mount Everest is a particular woman's magazine that I have been trying for a while to get published in. Well, it isn't going to happen any time soon. The lovely mail lady brought the annoyingly photocopy-looking rejection letter yet again. Although to those who have ever actually climbed a mountain I'm sure it's not much of a comparison to the training, organizing, supplying, and climbing but with all the time put into thought, preparation, organization, writing, rewriting, revising, redoing, perfecting, panicking, packaging and sending a story...the big R is the same as failing to make it to the top of the mountain. It also puts a dent into the confidence level and adds to the weight of having to start from scratch and once again looking up from the absolute bottom. So why do people keep climbing Mount Everest? I guess for the same reason I keep picking up that pen or clicking over the keyboard...it's not something I choose to do, it's something I HAVE to do. Besides, the mountain isn't going anywhere but I am...straight to the top...however many times I have to climb it to get there!
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 2:42 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------