Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

No Longer Bad Words



I used to whisper when I said I was computer illiterate because it seemed like such bad words with all the technology going on in this day and age (it also didn't help to have a brother who is a computer genius). When I ventured onto the internet only a few years ago I was terrified! I had done a computer animation course and was a graphic designer for a couple years but through all that I was even terrified that I would hit a wrong key and destroy a network. Until I had my own computer and could play around knowing the only person I would tick off was me, I held the all mighty computer at a very delicate distance.

Even now I still don't think I know much but you know what? Computer illiterate are no longer shameful words...in fact, I truly believe that people are making money off of us and I say more power to them! These are the programmers that make using a computer a breeze, using the internet as easy as typing in a single word, and giving us worry warts an breath easy experience.

This blog is a great example. The reason it took me so long to decide to actually make one is because I thought they were to technically advanced for me...boy was I wrong. Somewhere out there in cyberspace are people who make fudge-proof computer programs, who make the internet accessible, and who make instructions easy enough for even the faint of heart.

I am so proud of what I have been able to do lately thinking 'Hey, I really have this down!' but to give credit where credit is due...I give a million thanks to those who work behind the scenes making this technological world much easier to understand, simpler to use, and who make us feel less computer illiterate and more computer savvy.

I may never understand all my brother talks about when he gets into his computer mode but at least now I feel like I can hold my own. And that's a GOOD thing!
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 9:14 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------