Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Minor Rant



Okay, I admit I was raised in a city and walked to school unlike my husband. Our child will be taking the bus like he did. Now in my naive mind I thought schoolbuses picked children up at their homes but now find out that they want me to walk in the opposite direction of the school to meet the bus which would mean (because we only have one car) a half-hour to forty minute hike round trip with a toddler and four year old...and in the middle of our winters...I don't think so. So we've been playing phone tag with the transportation company to get a stop much closer to us and, to which I just found out another family would also benefit. You would think it would be a no-brainer.

Supposedly someone is to come out today and assess the area but the company didn't sound to thrilled. I agree we are on a blind bend that wouldn't be safe for the children to cross or the bus to sit but I'm not demanding they pick them up at my driveway, just a place a five minute walk down the road where it is nice, level and easily accessible for both the bus and our families.

Am I really asking too much? I'll keep you posted.

p.s. on the writing front ^high five^ for another seventeen pages done!
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 8:16 AM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------