Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Whew...I Made It!



I finished the first draft of this wip last night!

Just last week I thought there was no way I could get it done by my self-imposed deadline of the end of September. This freaked me out because I had yet to miss one of my personal deadlines--I write it on the calendar and that's it--it was even to the point where I went and scratched it out (which I had NEVER done before) because I just didn't think it was realistic anymore. Then I read a few blogs and Stephanie Bose had been reading this book (forgive me for I can't remember what it was called) and offered some tips from it for a first draft. ...WOW, it made so much sense and took the weight off my shoulders and let me get through the rough draft...a week before my origional written down deadline!!(Thanks Steph!!)

So I'm flying a little high today trying, for at least one day not to think of what comes next because we all know how fun it is to rework, revise, and edit--ugh! But now that the base of the wip is there, I am looking forward to adding the deeper meat and expanding on the hot parts.


But that's for Monday because I still have to lug the boxes down to the mudroom in preparation for the Salvation Army coming to pick them up, do laundry, grocery shopping, and get my child (and myself **shudder**) ready for their first day of Kindergarton. To add to this it is my Birthday tommorrow and like most adults realize, if you want a cake you pretty much have to bake it yourself.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 7:42 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------