Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Something Old But Not Forgotten




So, like I mentioned in an earlier post, I thought I'd try my hand at greeting cards. But not only am I going to think up the written sentiments but I wanted to design them too (yeah, not to adventurous am I?)

So I planned a few drawings out then decided that I wanted to paint them. Dug through for my old watercolour sets and brushes. It had been years (or even longer) since I've painted, everyone knows how life gets in the way of our hobbies. But man, it felt good to wade into the paint and see my visions come to a colourful existance. It's also like riding a bike I guess as I slowly remembered how to manipulate the water paints to give me the effects I wanted. Don't get me wrong...Van Gogh I am not nor ever will be yet the simple pleasure of letting the creative energy flow into something solid is cool...just cool.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 3:32 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------