Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'Tis the Season




Okay, I think I forgot to add to one of my earlier posts that I love the Christmas specials that come on TV. White Christmas being my all-time favorite followed by The Year Without A Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street (both versions) and any number of animated shows.

Best of all this year the kids are into it too. Tonight we sat and watched Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer. One of them described what was coming up and I absently said 'I know'. Then the question arose of how I knew and I explained how I watched these shows when I was their age. "Was that the new or the old version?" was asked. Between fits of laughter I replied...definately the older version. But what I love is now the older version is new again in the eyes of the children.

Maybe that's why they say Christmas is for kids: old things become new, bright, and alive again through the eyes of a child and through them we can believe all over again too.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 7:18 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------