Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

What I love about this time of Year!




This is one of the best times of the year! The crisp air, the anticipation of Christmas, putting up the decorations, and especially the Christmas baking. Now, I am by no means a cook, baker, or anything of the like (just ask my husband) I get by and thankfully that's enough for him--meat and potato man, nothing fancy here.

But I love baking at Christmas time. We have our traditional cookies that only come out at this time of year not to mention the fudge and squares too. My mother does wonders with sausage rolls and meatballs for our Christmas Eve celebration...plus the rest of a fully laid table.

I love to wrap presents and see them under the tree a couple weeks before the actual day.

I love riding around looking at lights and the town displays while sipping Tim Horton's hot chocolate.

We have a huge hill right off our front porch that is a sledders dream. Family comes from hours away just to play on it. LOL, we recently tried out the summer kiddy pool as a sled--man, can that thing go!!

I can't wait to build our first snowman of the year or watch the blue jays as they come out of their nest in the snowcovered cedars to perch at the birdfeeder.

I love the amazingly long icicles that form on the front eaves and regret having to knock them off for safety sake.

(Okay, I'm not so keen on the umpteen layers of clothes it takes to dress the kids to catch the school bus or play outside. Too bad you couldn't just put a one piece jumper on them and press a button that will automatically inflate it with warm insulation in a matter of seconds, reversing the process while quick drying the globs of snow off the floor when you return inside.)

I love snowy nights floating down among the lights just outside the window. I love turning out all the lights but the christmas tree after the kids go to bed and cuddling with my husband on the couch.

I could probably go on for ages so I'll stop there because I think you get the idea.

So, what do you love...or dislike about the season?
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 9:02 AM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------