Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's a Cruel Cruel Test



There is nothing like potty training to test a mother's patience, nerves, and sanity. We are to the point where they know how to use the potty but have no interest in using it unless requested to do so. Wet pants don't bother them, stickers don't interest them, promises of tighty whities like older siblings have no appeal...I'm getting to the point where I think this child will be in pull-ups when he goes into college.

Did I mention I used to be a children's photographer? Well, there was this one family who came in with a 4 1/2 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. During the session the small room became...hmmm, how should I put this, in need of better ventilation due to an all encompasing odor if you catch my drift. To my utter astonishment though, the father said the boy needed his diaper changed...not the younger girl. Whoa! This memory of course came to mind as I ventured into the horribly cruel world of potty training. It just ain't gonna happen in my house...now to convice the kidlet of that.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 8:30 AM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------