Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday Synopsis




Whatever possessed me to even attempt a synopsis on a Monday? Heck, then again the dreaded Monday and the dreaded Synopsis go hand in hand don't they. Ugh. Why is it so hard. I don't think I have heard from one person new or published that likes doing a synopsis.

You would think they wouldn't be that difficult, a simple description of your story right? Yeah, but its not just events. Somewhere within two small pages you have to get the plot, the romance, the romantic tension, character motivations, character growths, not to mention have it sound exciting, illustrate the appeal of your voice, and make an editor want to read that story--I mean really want to read that story enough to request a partial or better yet a full.

And to make it even worse, I didn't even have to do it. I just figured since the outline was done and before I made a start today on the outline for the next story, I would write a rough draft out so I had it. I should have stayed in bed, or at least to the plan and left the synopsis well enough alone. To say it sucks is an understatement. I was on such a high with everything going so well, thinking, oh yeah, I'm good, I'm going to get these stories published just wait and see. Now I'm thinking if I can't even get two pages to sound right how the heck am I gonna get 350 pages to sound right.

Note to self: No more writing a synopsis on a Monday.

Other note to self: Ignore everything you said to yourself while writing the errant synopsis...better yet, delete the file, throw the printed pages in the woodstove, and pretend it never happened....denial is a wonderful thing.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 12:53 PM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------