Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Hole in the Bottom of the Sea





There's a frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the middle of the sea.
There's a frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the middle of the sea.
There's a hole,
There's a hole,
There's a hole in the bottom of the sea.

There, call me unusually cruel, but now I'm not the only adult singing this song in my head today.

We had a 'family' outing today and I made the mistake of letting the mutants listen to their CD in the car (because the new car has a CD player which our others hadn't). In the middle of Walmart, mini-mutant decides to serinade the shoppers at the top of his lungs. Just my luck, he inherited his father's tone deafness. Good thing he's cute!

Let me take a moment to clarify the 'mutant' phrasing because that came up just this week. I've mentioned before that my hubby is a sports-aholic who I have given up on ever believing will enter a twelve-step program. My 4yr old turned to hockey this year because his father watches it. It was cute at first but now he has gone beyond my husbands loyalty to teams to include all and every team on the known planet (The Olympics were H-double-hockey-sticks). He plays livingroom hockey by himself with all the broadcasts, replays, penalties, and anything else he can add just for fun--or just to annoy me, I'm not sure which. He has mutated beyond his father's enjoyment of sports to the point where I look at my husband rolling his eyes when our child tells us all the scores in the previous nights multiply hockey games--for the twelth time-- and I simply say, "It's your fault, you created a monster." His younger brother, though not as influenced yet, is showing all the signs and copies his brother more and more. So now they are the mutant and the mini-mutant. He really gets into the commentating of his games so personally, I think the mutant would make a great sportscaster someday and am trying to plant the little seeds now. I know, I know, it's not really fair and up there with mother interference but if I had a choice, I'd rather him talking about the game than playing it.

Baseball season opens on the 4th of April...my husband loves that, between hockey and baseball, he can watch sports almost every night...I cringe to think of what the mutant will come up with next.


Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 6:27 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------