Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday Mornings of Old




The only thing I regret about this entry is that it is going to date me...Big Time.

Saturday mornings when I was a kid were the coolest. I remember we lived just outside of Vancouver at the time in this funky duplex with a mean poodle named Freddie living next door. We would crawl into my parents bed and watch their little yellow black and white TV for Saturday morning cartoons. They were awesome, and tons of them. Mine and my sister's favorite was Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Then we would play the rest of the day as the duo running around the neighborhood. It was great!

These days the Saturday morning line-up is just not there. The only set that comes on is at 10 in the morning and by that time we've been up for hours and we are out doing our errands or, weather permitting, outside. Maybe its just me and my early riser kids but there should be better stuff on first thing in the morning. Something to help get their creativity going and give me an hour to wake up. This morning the mutant watched a half-hour of The Score which is basically a sports review station going over clips from the previous nights games.

Needless to say I did get that extra nap on the couch but, I don't know. That part of my childhood was so cool to me pretending to be superheros and saving the world. But I guess, as I watch my mutant playing right now, he's actually doing the same thing. He's watched his Score and now he's playing livingroom hockey, keeping score, penalties, and having a great time which he will do for most of the day. Maybe things haven't changed as much as I thought.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 11:02 AM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------