Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Clinging To The Mountain




I got a note in the mail yesterday that the story I sent to my 'Mount Everest' publisher is being held for further review! Yipee! I know it's not a sale but considering the last seven submissions ended in a form R, this is cool news. So, I'll be clinging to the tiny icepick half-way up the mountain with no safety ropes for the next six months which is how long it could take.

I've already got the bumps and bruises to show for my climb too. Yesterday, I had a misfortunate confrontation with a medium-sized stained glass suncatcher while opening my window for the first time this year. The sun-catcher won. The gash on my nose is worthy of a Jean Claude von Damme movie.

Another interesting thing happened today while lunching with the boys at Mc-y D's. An idea popped into my head out of nowhere. A good idea too. So there I am scribbling away over the embossed M on the napkin trying to get as much down as possible and giggling to myself. I got a "Can I colour too?" from the oldest child and an almost botched note from the younger when he tried to use said napkin for it's intended purpose. Whew, that was a close call.
Now I have about three stories all pestering to get out (because I had a fab idea for the third instalment of my Time series) and my current one isn't even at the half-way mark. The bad news is the others will have to wait or at least be content with the occasional swift notation. The good news is that at least I have other stories waiting in the wings for when I do get this one done. I hate it when I don't know what to do next and have to wait for the inspiration.

So, what about you? Do you have stories waiting in the wings or do you finish a story then wait for the inspiration for another to hit?
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 1:08 PM :: 16 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------