Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

When is Enough, Enough



"When is enough, enough?"

I don't know if it's the air or what but I've had some of my own doubts lately. The scary part is it's not just me. I've read a number of other writers are feeling the same way in the past two weeks. Everyone seems to be questioning the worth. Is it worth the solitary work schedual? Is it worth all the rejections? Is it worth all the late nights, the bits and pieces of time we steal away from other things to write? Is it worth putting our hearts and souls out there just to get them slapped back or to hear nothing at all?

I can't answer any of those questions. I can only answer the two questions that are truly important to me. Why am I writing and who am I writing for? For me. I'm writing because I have to, because there are stories in me that want to be told. And I am writing for me, first and foremost. I know my stories are a little left of centre, they aren't the norm and who knows if they will sell but at least I'm enjoying them and entertaining myself first. It doesn't take the doubts away but at times like these it does remind me why I started writing in the first place...because I enjoy telling stories.

So try to remember why you started to write in the first place and I hope those of you who are struggling can find some of your own answers.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 4:12 PM :: 16 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------