Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy Birthday



Today my grandmother is celebrating her 90th birthday!

She is the sweetest, kindest women. I don't think I've ever heard an angry word come from her mouth. She was always ready with a big hug when we visited and as I got older, I would drive down and we would go out to lunch together. She never denied a helping hand whether it was simply to help with a school project or needing a bed for the night.

She isn't famous just for her kind demeaner. Taffy Tarts...drippy taffy tarts. Seriously, the family fights over them and you should have heard the uproar one year after a family get-together at one of my aunt's house, when we found out that she hid a whole batch just for herself. Then their is her made-from-scratch chocolate cake....drool.

We are driving down to where my aunts and uncles are having an afternoon tea/open house especially for her at her church this afternoon. I'm hoping to get some generation pictures taken with her, my father, myself, and the boys and I'll post them when we get them developed.

So, I just wanted to make a special note to celebrate one sweet lady. Happy Birthday Grandma!
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 8:03 AM :: 17 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------