Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Re-searching...Does that mean we've already searched and lost it again?



Little late on the posting today...bad Stacy, bad.

I don't like researching. I admit it. So I end up putting it off as long as possible or just finding the reference pages and marking them to be read later. The stupid thing is that everytime I finally force my nose into the research material I find the BEST new ideas for my stories--angles I never thought of before, scenes that pop up because of a simple fact, one-liners to add the humour, tons of stuff. You would think since this happens a good 99% of the time that I would remember for the next time a story needs research and be rarin' to go. Nope, doesn't happen. It's like I blank it all out and therefore have to go through the whole process over again. Ridiculous I know, but then, have you read the title of my blog lately? Yes, just another point to prove it's true.

Needless to say, I have some great new material for a short story and am just itching to start but I'm still missing one or two little pieces that won't let my hands type the story out yet. I'm still letting those parts perculate while I continue revisions on WMAB. Darn, I really need to get over there and change that meter.

What about you? What's your process for research? Before, during, last-minute, or only when you absolutely have to?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lend us all an eye and continue reading and voting at Romance Junkies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Let Her....three times fast is NEWSLETTER....LOL, you can sign up for my new monthly one over there on the left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 11:48 AM :: 14 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------