Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Backlogs and Babies No More



myspace code
Myspace Codes: MyNiceSpace.com

I am here to officially announce a treacherous, though SUCCESSFUL completion of potty-training. No more diapers....WOOHOO!

As for backlogs, it occurred to me this past week that in life we can never catch up and maybe we aren't meant to.

While we are writing we have those times where life intrudes with a backlog of things you've got to do or have been putting off. Family comes first, no ifs, ands, or buts. So, we take care of them and get ourselves organized again. The happy moment this is contained, we sit down at our desk and find out our writing is now backlogged. During the 'break' new ideas have popped up, new projects, new contests, or if lucky new requests all on top of the stuff you were desperately trying to finish in the first place. We bury ourselves back in our work. Next time we look up, life is backlogged again with laundry, housework, your husband on vacation, the car breaking down, or any number of little or big necessities. Thus starts the cycle over again. Granted, there are those balanced times when everything co-inhabits in a nice orderly manner **snort** yeah, doesn't last long.

I've resigned myself to the fact that this is just the way it is. I don't know if I could handle a Mary-Poppins world where everything was perfect all the time. I think we grow as much when taking care of little problems as we do when we are forced to handle the big ones. We do our best to pull everything together and are rewarded with those special days when projects actually get finished and out the door and you get to share an afternoon of waterfights in the backyard with the kids.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 6:54 AM :: 21 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------