Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Couple of Things



I got tagged by Candice for this:

When did I start writing...

In all honesty, I must have been about nine. Most of them I made up in my head but some I wrote down. My first submission was to the kids magazine, Highlights. It was rejected so I started that early too LOL.

Highschool was when I started really putting things down on paper. We had an old antique typewriter that I used. It was kinda cool but of course editing was a pain LOL. I made the mistake of throwing most of that work out (I know, I still cringe myself) I should have kept it and now am fervent in my efforts to save work whether I ever plan to use it again or not.

I had my first short story accepted a few months after I started dating my then future husband. It came out in STAR magazine (which doesn't do short stories anymore) and was available at the check-outs in his store. Well, everyone thought I had written the story about him LOL. In truth, I had written it way before him but he got teased so much it was hilarious.

And the rest, as they say is history.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to check out this piece on Discipline in writing that Stephanie mentioned on her blog. I thought it was quite true for me at least and nice to know that I'm not the only one thinking the same way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen gets the DQ Strawberry Sundae Lip Balm for her comparison of housecleaning and wips:

"Hmmm, with the way I'm writing my current wip, once I'm finished with the first
draft I'm going to have to organize and rearrange like I have to do with my hall
closet. Both of these things are a mess!!!! But I'm still enjoying the writing
and I still love shoving crap into my closet. LOL "

Loved it. Email me with your snail mail, Karen, and I'll get it out to you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 8:16 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------