Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Windup Wednesday



Whew! It's been a busy few days.

Like I said, I've been deep in the revision cave trying to finish up a line edits on a full to submit. Sunday night, I thought I had so I sent the query to The Wild Rose Press via email thinking I had a few days at least before she'd reply back to do the final final readthrough. It was a holiday weekend for us after all.

Monday morning I'm sitting around the kiddy pool, relaxing, taking my time and doing my final readthrough...and finding the most stupidest mistakes...like seriously, how could I have missed them?? Whew! Glad I had a few days to fix these....uh, no. Okay, everyone put the big L on their forehead and aim it at Stacy. Holiday here, not holiday in the U.S. I get the request for the full Monday afternoon. Can you say excited panic. I spent all day rereading and fixing these mistakes (I mean come on, one section I had actually left in the old character name, sheesh!) They were all simple most being grammatical but with 265 pages, it takes a while. I didn't want to rush but at the same time I didn't want the editor to think I lied when I said it was done. It was, I swear so much so that when I was done the revision edits, I seriously considered leaving it thinking I had covered everything. Sure goes to show you what one extra read-through can pull out. Yikes! So I set myself to work, pulled an all dayer (thankfully hubby had the day off) and shipped that puppy off to the editor last night (hi Roseann!)

Moral of the story: To avoid hyperventilating, give it an extra read through BEFORE you send the query LOL.




Bailey tagged me with a book meme last week so here it is:

One book

1. One book that changed my life:

From Panic to Power by Lucinda Bassett

2. One book that I have read more than once:

I Will Survive by Samantha Connolly. A Harlequin Flipside—if you love Survivor (which yes, I am still addicted to) this book is a must read.

3. One book I would want on a deserted island:

Complete Works of William Shakespeare. Weird you say...what other book can give you romance, tragedies, comedies, poems, sonnets etc all in one big bundle? (yes, I do actually have it on my bookshelf)

4. One book that made me laugh:

Just one? How about the whole Stephanie Plum series from Janet Evanovich.

5. One book that made me cry:

Bridges of Madison County. (though I still think it was the PMS moodswings at the time)

6. One book I wish I'd written:

See # 4.

7. One book I wish had never been written:

Julie S. taught me recently that every book teaches you something...even if it’s the mistakes you DON'T want to make

8. One book I am currently reading:

The Boys are Back in Town, Signature Select Anthology by Jane Graves, Dorien Kelly, and Tanya Michaels

9. One book I have been meaning to read:

What? I can only name one? Impossible.

Hmmm, I think I will tag Kelly, Kelley, and (wish I knew one more Kellie, that would be funny) Jacqui



What else? What else?


Oh yes, don't forget to check below to see who won yesterdays episode of ESCAPE the Mondayn...and the bonus prize.

My newsletter will be coming soon, hopefully around the middle of the month. Don't forget to sign up on the left.

What's your Theory of Love? contest is still going on. You can find the details HERE

And since I love to give things away, to thank those who've read this incredibly long post, all the way to the end, whoever can guess the day (as in number not month) of my birthday (another clue, it's September so don't guess 31 LOL) then I'll send you a couple bookmarks and a magnet. If there are a lot of smart people then I'll randomly pick a winner.
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 7:12 AM :: 16 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------