Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Collecting People for Research



I thought this a truly phenomenal idea and I think Sue explained it best on her blog:

"The other day Sharon posted a valuable tip that is useful for any type of writer, published or not. Sharon explains that she has a file where she keeps a list of everybody she knows with a note of their past or current experiences, who could one day become precious contacts for research purposes.What an inspired idea! As a result, Caroline suggested to Sharon that she should tag five other writers to share their experiences, who could then tag other writers, and before we know it we'll all have possible contacts we can use when we need to research.Great idea or what?! "

Sue and a couple others tagged me with this so here goes--A few things you might not know about me:

I worked as a children's photographer for ten years, in retail for ages, and my husband is currently a local retail manager for one of the larger chain stores

I've had one cesarean birth and one natural

My other hobbies include folk art, painting, crochet, darts, and I've designed of humorous greeting cards called Holmes' Herd featuring farm animals (a few can be seen at Stacy's Gift Shop--I'm still working on the set up for the store)

I'm serious when I say I have a sports-aholic husband...need to know a sports fact, he knows it, can get it, can find it LOL

I doodle...a lot.


Message from Sharon:

"PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL "PEOPLE COLLECTION" POSTS:

Remember that it isn't always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-) "May I also add to that - if there are any doctors or midwives out there (including students), please let me know ;-)

I'm going to tag Stephanie, Mary, Lee, Lora, and Melissa.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to check below to see who won the ESCAPE the Mondayn prize

Come on over and join the Romance Bistro! (sign up on the left hand side there)
_______________________________________________
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 10:08 AM :: 9 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------