Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Montages






Wouldn't it be nice if you could montage the middle of your book like films do? Show just the important stuff and breeze over the transitions with pretty music and a few sweeps of film to get to the good stuff.

I think half my problem is because that's what I do in my head. You know how some scenes come out so clear while others are fuzzy so I breeze over them and consentrate on the rich scenes I already have. There might be an important bit in the mix and that will be clear but the transitional scenes aren't.

Then again, if you are going to go so far as to wish for a montaged middle then we might as well go right for the ability to put the story that is in our brain directly into book format without having to physically fight and type the thing out attempting for all we're worth to make right over and over and over again in revisions.


Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 9:15 AM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------