Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What's Your First Move?




Okay, it's time to have a little fun to see the results and find out the winner of my What's your first move? Contest. Again I am so glad I made it a random draw; I would hate to have to pick and choose from these great stories!

Here are just a few:

Melissa Marsh

Ok - I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I was out at a dance club one night and had had a few too many beers. I saw this guy that I'd had my eye on for awhile and went over to him. As there was nowhere to sit, he jokingly asked me to sit on his lap and I didn't hesitate a second and sat down.Funny - we've now been married seven years.


Johanna

I was too shy for first moves but I have to share the most original line I've ever heard. One of my husband's employees (he didn't know I was married to the boss at the time) came up to me and said "you have really beautiful eyebrows". He then asked if I would go out with him to "discuss my grooming techniques". I politely told him I was married but I couldn't get that line out of my head. Obviously it still sticks. lol


Jennah

I've never made the first move unless you count making sure I was in the right place at the right time. I pretty much followed a hot guy around until he asked me out. We've been married eleven years now.


Kelly

When I was 16, I knew this guy had a crush on me. One night after work, he was staring at me and I turned, looked at him, and said "You going to stare at me all night or do you think you'll get around to kissing me some time soon." It worked. And it was well worth it.


Lee Morrison

I can think up lots of great first lines, but I've always been too shy to use any of them. Then one day, the situation sort of took care of itself for me, lol. I don't really talk about this often, but here's a cute/embarrassing story that fits in with today's theme.

One day I was at work in the lab and I had to hand deliver some critical value patient results I'd been working on to the ER because the computers were down. When I first saw "blue eyes", he had his head bent, looking at a patient chart, sitting at the nurse's station. He had a stethoscope draped around his neck, like all nurses do, and he looked very preoccupied as he looked up at me over the top of his glasses that were perched precariously half way down his nose. I thought he had the most beautiful blue eyes, surrounded with thick dark lashes I'd ever seen.

I had no idea who he was. Had never seen him before. I announced that I had critical results for the doc. Another nurse stepped up to the counter, as close as she could get to "blue eyes" in what appeared almost like a protective move, but he just sat motionless, silently gazing at me, pen poised in left hand above the chart he'd been writing on, and pinned me in place with his scrutiny. My knees turned to rubber, my face flushed (I rarely blush) and this instant insidious, perplexing heat swept over my body, making me feel like I had a raging inferno blazing inside me.

The witchy nurse snatched the results from my fingertips and shoved them underneath "blue eyes'" nose. "Take a look at this."

"I am," he said with a wicked grin, never breaking eye contact with me.

My mouth dropped open. My brow broke out in a sweat. I couldn't talk. I tried to smile but I felt like my face was frozen. I had a bad case of tunnel vision and the edges of my world literally faded as I stared at him.I finally pulled myself together and realized the witch was now watching us with curiosity. Since I am required to document the name of the person I hand deliver results to, I was forced to ask for a name. He informally gave me his first name. Steve. OK. Nice enough name. I wasn't off the hook yet though. Hospital policy required me to document both a first and a last name. When he told me, he gaged my reaction with calculated neutrality and watched the recognition play across my face with amusement. It was the same name I'd seen in the computer that day (before it crashed) attached to all the physician orders coming from the ER.

"Hey Doc," the nurse interrupted.

I profoundly embarrassed because I tried to write his name on my notes and my hand was shaking...noticeably, and then I registered the way she'd addressed him. When I looked up, he pinned me with those eyes again and smiled. I backed away from the counter and said, "I'll be in the lab if you need anything else." OMG! Did I just say that? It came out sounding like a come on and I really was only trying to escape.

He nodded. His entire demeanor sparked with mischief. My cheeks flamed a deeper red and I practically ran out of the ER and back to the safety of my familiar lab.He found me later that evening in the lab. We chatted a little and he asked if we could talk again. A year and a half later we were married. It was awkward at best, but that's the first move story for us.

((Okay, I still get tingles reading that one))


And now for the winner of a download of my story Sold! and an Electronic Fortune Teller is...Melissa Marsh!

Congratulations! Send me an e-mail and I'll give you the details!

Thanks again to everyone who participated!!
---------------------------------------------
Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 6:19 AM :: 10 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------