Stacy...Sensibly Insane


I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot Chocolate...preferably Tim Hortons (It's a Canadian thing LOL)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Sitting there for bright eyes and eager smiles in the morning.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Colored...definitly colored. The brighter the better.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Heck ya!

5. When do you put up your decorations?

December 1st.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Turkey and stuffing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

My dad making us stay at the top of the stairs until he started the fire and made coffee...it was torture then but the best memories now.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

As in...what? He doesn't really come down the chimney? Can you blame him, how would you like your butt toasted over and over and over again in one night. Yeah, I know he comes through the front door.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

No but I could have sworn that we used to open one as kids but my mother swears it ain't so.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Colored lights of course and 95% of the ornaments have meaning collected back to when I was a baby. We buy and receive special ones every year to add to the memories.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

I like snow as long as it stays within reasonable inches. The storms and XX amount of feet I can live without.

12. Can you ice skate?

Yes, on a good day.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Silliest thing but it was my very first watch. I REALLY wanted one and I remember standing in front of it Christmas morning (Santa left it on the table with my name beside it) and just staring at it with my mouth wide open for ages in awe before I'd touch in.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Family and being together.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Cookies. Lots and lots of variety. Oh and my sister's Sweet Marie Bars.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Getting together to watch the Santa Claus Parade. Reading the Christmas Nativity story and Twas the Night Before Christmas before putting the kids to bed Christmas Eve

17. What tops your tree?

Angel. We have one now that I bought the year we were married and I also have the one we had when I was a child. It sits on a special place of honour on my shelf every year.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

I love, Love, LOVE to shop for special gifts for everyone then watch their face as they open them. Of course, I would be lying if I didn't say I love getting gifts too LOL.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

I can only pick one? I can never wait til the Christmas music starts on the radios...they are all my favorites.

20. Candy Canes?

Not Christmas without them!

21. Do you feel Christmas it too commercialized? Or Is it still magical for you?

Yes, it's getting over commercialized but I think it's a choice whether to make it affect you or not. For me, Christmas is still the most magical time of the year when anything is possible and little wonders me smile in awe every day.

I think I'm like the last to do this poll so if anyone out there hasn't done it...let us know about your Christmases!

And don't forget to tell me who your favorite Reindeer is!


Posted by Stacy Dawn :: 9:37 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------